The William H. Hull House is a historic house located at 1517 Walnut St. in Murphysboro, Illinois. The house was built in 1887 for William H. Hull, a significant local businessman and politician. The house is designed in an asymmetrical Italianate pattern in the Italianate Victorian style. The front facade of the house features a three-sided projecting bay topped by a half-hipped roof. The main entrance is located to the side of the bay in a porch supported by chamfered columns with decorative brackets. The cornice of the house features a patterned molding divided by ornamental brackets. The house’s roof has a cross-hipped design with flared eaves.
The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 1, 2006.
The building was listed as a Murphysboro Designated Local Landmark.
1517 Walnut Street